Day 1: It was Ash Wednesday and I took the kids with me to evening Mass. Sitting in Mass with two kids is not the easiest thing to do. At least the older one can sit still — sort of. She’s still a squirmy in her own little way. The younger one had a hard time at Mass — especially since her friend from school was sitting behind her.
5 things God has blessed me with yesterday:
- Seeing my 5-year-old look forward to going to Mass because she was anticipating her friend being there.
- Hearing a great homily about fasting by Fr. Jacob and getting to sing a little bit of “Lay it Down” by Matt Maher during Mass.
- Having my parents live nearby so that my brother-in-law could drop off my nephew’s guitar amp for me to borrow.
- Seeing my adorable 3-year-old niece who thought it would be nice to get my kids some toys (and told grandpa to buy it for them).
- Confidence to walk in public with my ashes on my forehead.
Something that I did that I don’t like doing:
I did two:
- Laundry — especially the white load. I don’t like the white load…. all those socks!
- I diffused a parking lot dispute at my kids’ school. I don’t like confrontation and I would never get between a fight. But I had to for this one since there were kids around witnessing adults arguing heatedly amongst each other.
40-day challenge list:
Read John 18:1-19:42
Listened to Lay it Down by Matt Maher
Listened to I Run to the Cross by Sarah Kroger (who sounds like Audrey Assad)
Day 1 done. So far so good.