Day 2: I traveled to Visalia, CA for a Catholic Daughters of the Americas State Conference. I didn’t get much sleep since my daughter decided that 3:30am was a good time to wake up. Well, someone’s anticipating daylight savings time! The good news was that I wasn’t traveling alone and the lack of sleep wasn’t going to affect me.
5 things God has blessed me with yesterday:
- My friend, Dee, who drove me and two other women to the conference.
- Finding two adorable notes in my purse from my daughters.
- A husband who allows me to do my thang as the CDA State Youth Chairman — even with all the time away from family.
- A clean room and comfortable hotel bed.
- A little free time to just be in the moment…
Something that I did that I don’t like doing:
Small talk. I’m quite the introvert and don’t like to talk too much. But I really pushed myself to find interest in others more than myself and my insecurities.
40-day challenge list:
I spent one whole day TV-free (yeah, didn’t even turn on the hotel TV)
I hugged a relative.
I listened to “Why?” by Nichole Nordemann
(I’m blowing through this list… Fr. Jacob better pay up.)