Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Pumpkin Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy of Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market
- 16 oz. package fresh&easy butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 oz. bag romaine and radicchio salad
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a lined baking sheet, toss butternut squash with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, until brown. Remove from oven; allow to cool.
- In a jar, add pumpkin seed oil, white wine vinegar, orange juice, Dijon mustard, shallots, honey, salt and pepper. Seal jar with a tightly fitting lid and shake until all ingredients are combined.
- In a large bowl, place romaine and radicchio salad, butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, pepitas and goat cheese.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly.