Wedge Salad with Pear and Blue Cheese Dressing
Recipe courtesy of Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- ½ cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ? cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pear nectar
- 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and divided
- ½ cup coarsely crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, add oil, pear nectar, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, ½ pear (diced), blue cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Cut red leaf lettuce into wedges and thinly slice remaining ½ pear lengthwise. Place the lettuce wedges on a salad plate. Top with pear slices, hazelnuts and cranberries.
- Top with dressing and serve.